Monday, April 1, 2013

DIY: Use a picture frame as a tray

Hello Lovelies,
Have you noticed how trays are getting more expensive everyday and some of them are not even that pretty? Well, I decided to make myself a tray using an shadow box I bought from Walmart for $5.99 and I show you step-by-step how you can do it too.



What you need:
- 1 shadow box or a picture frame (Dimension: 11.5" x 9.75 " for $5.99 from Walmart)
- 1 pair of handles ($3.99 from Walmart)
- 1 magazine of your choice
- A screwdriver and screws (type 4)

Step1: Remove everything that is inside the frame and take off the little standing stick behind the picture frame.

Step 2: Measure where you want you handles to be. I decided to put the handles on the sides of the picture frame because I didn't have enough space for the handles on the top sides. Once you've marked where you're going to insert screws, screw both handles on the sides. Make sure you leave enough space between the screws and the frame floor because you are going to put back everything you took out of the shadow box and they'll have to fit (especially the glass since it can't be bent) in between the screws and the picture frame floor.

Step 3: Remove one of the handles to place the glass and screw the handle back to where it was.

Step 4: Choose an image from your magazine and put it inside the box, followed by everything else back inside the shadow box (I took an Miss Dior perfume image from BAZAAR April 2013).


Step 5: Now step back and admire your work! 




I'm predicting that in the near future, I'll have more than one framed tray! (ha!)
Have a Lovely day,
Thanks for reading!

P.S. Come back on Thursday to see my outfit of the week and don't forget to follow me via BlogLovin!


2 comments:

DD said...

Wow Jessy!! This is such a good idea! It looks so pretty xx

Carmen said...

Lovely post but it inspired me to do something little different ;)
xx
www.clothesandcamera.com